Every year, millions of high school students head to college after graduating. However, the cost of attending college has gone up drastically over the last several years. Tuition, transportation, room and board, school supplies and basic living expenses cost thousands of dollars. Additionally, the average college student who attends a four-year school will spend $2,100 on extra living expense.
Before you move in your dorm and start your college journey, it is important to find out about all of the discounts that you may be able to get. You can save a lot of money with one of these discounts. Here is a list of 20 different student discounts that you may be able to get.
Your School Basics
• Microsoft Education will let you get 365 for no cost if you are a college student. This includes Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Amazon Prime has a discount for college students. You will be able to get a free six-month trial. After your six month trial has expired, you will have to pay $49 per year for Amazon Prime. This is half of what the original price is.
• You can save $50 on Apple Education Store when you purchase a Macbook Pro.
• Adobe lets you save 60 percent on apps for photos, web, video and design.
Dress for Success
• Kate Spade allows you to save 15 percent on your purchase when you present your student ID.
• Banana Republic offers a 15 percent discount when you present your student ID.
• Madewell offers a 15 percent discount when you present your student ID.
• J Crew offers a 15 percent discount
Staying Current on the News
• You can get a free Washington Post subscription if you have a .mil, .gov or edu email address.
• You can get a New York Times basic subscription for just $1 per week. You can get a all-access subscription for $1.50 per week.
• You can get a Wall Street Journal subscription for just $15 for 15 weeks. You can get a year subscription for $49.
You will be able to instantly start saving money when you sign up with Unidays. All you have to do is sign up and download the app. You can receive a code that you can use in order to make purchases. You can take advantage of both in-store and online sales.
• You can use a one-time code when you shop online with Express. You can also get a 15 percent discount when you purchase in the store.
• You can get 15 percent discount on Bed, Bath and Beyond purchases when you use your Unidays ID.
• You can get a 15 percent discount on Ray Ban online purchases through Unidays.
• You can get a 20 percent discount on Reebook purchases through Unidays.
Saving on Travel
• If you are a student who is between the ages of 13 and 25, then you can a 15 percent discount when you book three days in advance.
• You can sign up to Student Universe for free. You can get discounts on flights, tours and hotels.
Building Your Playlist
• You can a get a 15 percent discount on Spotify Premium if you are a student.
• You can get a free three-month subscription to Apple music. You will also a discounted subscription. You will need to sign up with Unidays.
It is great to get student discounts. However, it is better for you to learn how to budget your money. It is not a good idea to purchase a lot of things that you do not need. You will need to use the 50/30/20 rule. Fifty percent of your income should go towards fixed expenses. This includes your phone bill, rent and utilities.
Thirty percent of your income should go towards discretionary purchases. This includes things such as food, entertainment and clothing. Twenty percent of your income should go towards savings.
If you budget carefully and take advantage of the numerous student discounts, then you will be able to make college an unforgettable experience without going broke.
For many people in the United States, the annual tax season means they will get a refund from the Internal Revenue Service. However, some people may not receive a refund or file a tax return if they have low earnings. Ho...Read More